I first read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People way back in high school.
I can honestly say that the principles I learned back then have played – & still plays – a huge role in how I do things. To this day, those little gems I learned early on affect my drive & work ethic so much.
Funnily enough, this morning I kinda stumbled on some info about the the author, Stephen Covey, to learn he has this new thing called The 5 Choices (to extraordinary productivity). Man… Once again I find myself feeling just as inspired as I first was, reading his book years ago. Here they are:
- Act on the important, don’t react to the urgent.
- Go for extraordinary, don’t settle for ordinary.
- Schedule the big rocks, don’t sort gravel.
- Rule your technology, don’t let technology rule you.
- Fuel the fire, don’t burn out.
With where I’m at in life right now, this really couldn’t have come at a better time. It’s just so good. Click on the logo below for more info…